p4newstreet logo

HSTs-at-BNSjan2014I do promise that I will get bored with taking pictures under the roof at some point but a few more that I am quite pleased with.45115atBNSjan2014

Using the Brassmasters Bogie with Sprinters

Although I didn’t design my bogie with sprinters in mind they can be made to work with them.  It’s simply a case of cutting off the outer end level with the bearing holder and using the inner brake shoes instead of the outer ones to control the bogie.

sprinter-bogie-1If I were to design a sprinter specific version I would move the fame down to be hidden by the main bogie frame (and adjust the brakes for the smaller wheels) but a spot of Matt black paint will help hide the frame.  Below is the view of the underside.sprinter-bogie-2

6 Responses

1. Jonathan Hughes

I really hope that you wont get bored taking those photos Jim; we’ll never get bored of looking at them 😉 Happy New year.

02/01/2014 at 9:32 pm

2. The more photos the better. This is a stunning piece of art and deserves the widest possible audience.

02/01/2014 at 11:10 pm

3. Andy G Jones

As someone who spent a lot of time travelling through BNS in this exact time period, these photographs bring back a lot of memories.

I can almost hear the Paxman Valentas and smell the heady cocktail of diesel fumes and Casey Jones burgers.

03/01/2014 at 10:54 am

4. Michael Hand

Top two pictures are absolutely amazing, for a moment I was back in ’82, the day the rail strike started..

03/01/2014 at 3:40 pm

5. Mike Lynch

Rest assured Jim, the rest of us are certainly not bored with the pics. Whatever you do, keep them coming. The sense of depth in those pics is amazing. I agree with Michael – it’s just like being back there in the 80’s.

Happy New Year to you too.

04/01/2014 at 9:38 am

6. reg wildman

Have to agree with the lads Jim. Never ever boring.

04/01/2014 at 4:52 pm